4th

So St. Louis has 3 days of fireworks for the 4th. There is lots of activity by the Arch, and I'll go down there tomorrow, but there is also celebration in other parts of the city/suburbs. I guess these three days will have to make up for not being in a position to mess with bottle rockets and the like. My apartment is surrounded by enough densely packed neighborhood that I wouldn't want to bother anyone, especially the people living beneath me.

Also in St. Louis, it is storming. The temperature went from the low 100s to the 60s I think in less than 24 hours. Yesterday it was 100, and I biked 20 minutes to a shop where they fixed a stuck link in my chain, then to the zoo where I watched an elephant blow water onto its back, over and over, for as long as I cared to watch him. I also saw a tiger nearly submerged in his watering hole, and plenty of fairly happy birds - at least they were fairly happy to continually beat there wings while standing to cool down. I myself was a bit nauseous from the heat when I pulled into the front gate of the zoo, and was very glad to see 10 foot polls spraying huge amounts of mist for people on the sidewalks.  I probably went from completely drenched to completely dry a good number of times while walking around. At least today it is storming and promising to be cloudy for most of the week.

Tomorrow I can look forward to a day off work, then look forward to working again. So far programming for the Humane Genome Project has been pretty awesome. I'm diving even deeper into linux commands like awk and sed and several I'd never heard of. I can learn so much from my cooworkers, that this is looking like a perfect job.

I also actually made it to church today. I turned off my alarm at 7 (again) to sleep more, then woke up naturally with just enough time. Last sunday I biked to the wrong address and wednesday I was entertaining company. Hopefully in the coming weeks I'll be able to visit several churches nearby to meet lots of interesting people and discover more nice atmospheres.

On videogaming, I've been playing terraria lots with Rich because I really like exploration and terraria supplies that element nicely. As always I've been playing Heroes of Newerth fairly regularly because I also love really steep learning curves and frequent new content plus the intricate and precise team combat. I'm also fiddling with programming poke'mon in HTML5 and javascript.

Have a good night!

Comments

Popular Posts