Poetry

Some poetry from the past few years. More as I'm inspired.

Slick, the descent
Glistening, the fall
Below a grand hall of frozen wet walls
Stalagmites, stalactites
Silent perils well behind
The journey continues;
Deep in a trench, fissured through glass
Long as an ocean current
Thin as a whisker
Though today, wide as a man
Deep as the cold
And deep as you dare
Ice Fissure

Lizard on the tusk of an angry desert rock
Sand grains beneath his scales
Hiss on the breeze
Dune says dim the lights please
All have been submerged
Sandstorm

The sweat, glimmered like jewels on
The wiry mane, on the pirate's chest was like
The sun, today resembled a
Broiled tomato, was the last of the fruit

His gnarled fingers curled on
The sword, shimmering, hinting at reality
Hacks, in the treasure chest finally spilled
Gold, the color of his single front tooth

The crew, romped as if none had
Scurvy, staved off by oranges growing on
"Land HO!", called to extol finding islands
Green, groves of fruit, with booty! at last...
Me hearty
Pirates

Time tics
Rock chips
Talons reflexively curl
Rested wings spread
Showers in lead
City nightlife below
Shaking head
Steps off ledge
Stone no longer binds him in place
Swoops of glee
Civilians flee
From this creature's wicked smile
Gargoyle

Waiting, waiting
Brain dead and
waiting
My office locked
til 9 strikes the clock
to let in the sleepy me

Sleepy, sleepy
Pillow eyed
sleepy
Near, keys clacking
radio chatting
Break room stowaway me

Waiting, waiting
ecstatic
elated
Flying in 4
towards the misipi & more
For people waiting for me
8am & Prin-minded

Silence
Impact - billow of dust
Tidal wave cloud
Crystalline slow motion
Silence
Ice crystals fracture
Suspended, spinning
Feign a tinkling
Silence
Sphere to globe
Crater walls explode
In the breeze-less,
starlight
Silence
Biography of a Moon Crater

I live away with the setting sun
Making plans for sunrise when I will return
Home to mountains and fathomless caves

I live in a bed of roses, thorns well placed and paid for
Readying me, teaching me to tackle
The whirl of our real world

I live in someone else's dream
Searching for the moments to make my own
To prove that dreams are powerless

I live in monotony
Those gulps of fresh air
But how I still stare
-- The trance is broken
There is life here
Awareness

Walking down the road
Chain link fence on my side
Which side of the fence am I on?
Is it keeping me out, or protecting me from what is within?
Sunlight fading
Dusk has begun
Never know what would have been
Can't go back to how things were
Must move on somehow

A disheveled sky
Scraps of colored paper
Arranged into a Sunset nearby
Fence pierced by wincing moonlight
Who put it up and why?
It can be climbed

The side walk,
Meanders with me past, a dumpster
Slouches in rust by, the fence
Still ambiguous, faceless, reaching from, history
Can seem like a foe
Let it go
Memory
(A duet with David Odell authoring the first stanza,
and me for the second two)

Tectonic plates thrust from the deep, aspiring to
Mountains, crumbling skywards, similar to their
Crags, formed of
Boulders, made of
Stone chips, like fractured tectonic plates
Fractal
Human mind
Developed from time,
The evolution of earth,
The mind, a globe,
Innumerable untapped depths
Infinite sides, spinning the speed of light
Energy courses throughout, changes
Continents flavored after the twisting hot core, personality
Coping with situations - variations on reality
Cultivate, preserve, put to death your pollution
Fractal

Flowing bed of feathers beneath the cured wood
    rock the boat, gently, in the fresh night
The sea flashes glinting smiles at the stars
What a pity it would be to sail over such happiness
Nestled in the safety of infinity
    the one-man raft envisions nowhere else
knowing it is already at home
Bliss

Where is the kaos, where is the storm
More than anything I'd ever witnessed form
These trances, I’m awake in awe
At the sheer magnitude of the maw
Of thoughts vortexing
Concentric on me
Bottled Emotion

I'm sitting on a Mario asteroid, watching stars fly by
Each one holds a different burst of thinking
Some are more fun, some hold more points
How do you rate a thought?
Stargazing

I have two waves crashing in my head
For easy visualization one is blue and one is red
One energizes me to do work and make life my own
One subtly encourages me to go to bed

One is obviously good and the other bad
The problem is, sides change depending on perspective

Where do I find the strength to topple the foundation of a wave?
Line Count per Stanza = Decrementing Powers of 2

One of three leaves, fell in the post-summer breeze
Down but not out, because someone had the keys
By the ravine, we tu in darkness serene
Comrades we've found, now tell others the scene
Genevieve

What's in a gift?
The intention behind, inside
Love, leaning, leaving
A landmark
Memory!
Gift: creative representation
From me to you
Of this
What to do, what to give?
*Bites lip*
Is it a gift to give you me,
daily happy me?
Gift: Planned surprise
Extraordinary!
To show I ...
To show, you are, to me ...
Precious

Comments

Popular Posts