...

So busy, lets see what have I done lately?


  • Baked my own bread for the first time and don't intend to ever buy bread
  • Make greek stuffed grape leaves (with Zoey's help), for our dinner
  • Went out to eat with Zoey's relatives at a great Vietnamese place, much better then where I went with my parents so many weeks ago
  • Played Dungeons and Dragons with friends from work
    • I was a chaotic evil, demon worshiping, 400lb 7'2" half orc cleric
    • My character got the story rolling when I dragged the plot-line NPC into the sewers for "questioning"
    • My main attack was using the limbs of my fallen enemies to stitch together zombies
    • Hopefully this gaming group will continue with other things as well like Dominion, Magic the Gathering, and Super Smash Bros.
  • I read most of No Impact Man
    • I'll read the rest when I buy my own copy
    • It is an inspiring read with compelling statistics about the state of our plastic-waste processing system
    • It also has practical measures to cut back on waste that permanently damages the environment
    • The writing is done from the first person perspective of No Impact Man himself, as he wades through the challenges of going against the grain (Why is there so much hassle to reuse one of Starbuck's own reusable cups?)
  • I've been eyeing these laptop retail sites for possibilities during the coming months
    • PowerNotesBooks.com
    • Malibal.com
    • My current laptop frequently overheats and shuts itself off
  • Finally making good independent advances on projects at work
    • The system is so complex, I can't wait until my UML diagrams are complete, if only for my personal use
    • I initiated and completed my own contribution to the well-being of the software system
      • The cron(tab) daemon runs files in /etc/cron.d/  which weren't backed-up really so I created a git repository to keep those files safe
      • Its easier said than done - took me a few hours - especially with file permissions being controlled by a separate department (systems) while I'm in the group apipe, stands for analysis pipeline
  • Tomorrow I'm going to the Muny to watch Little Shop of Horrors I think, then to a midnight showing of Trigun with Genevieve.
  • I'm also buying a road bike since the mountain bike sucks for commuting. With it, Genevieve and I can bike to the Moolah theater to see Trigun.
    • Randy's Recycled Cycles doesn't have any road bikes that fit me so I'll have to look elsewhere
    • I hear aluminum frames are nice and light, which would be perfect for carrying the bike up and down stairs every day before and after work
  • Working on a javascript HTML5 canvas version of the card game Set. If it gets far enough, I could write a node.js server to allow people to play around the world against each other
  • Now going to play Baulder's Gate for a little bit. Hopefully my computer doesn't burn out.

Comments

Popular Posts