I like this as a way to explain SOPA to those that aren't technically savvy.

I like this as a way to explain SOPA to those that aren't technically savvy.
.... also SOPA doesn't affect me because I can make my own tires, but it will affect the millions who don't know how. You should let them know what looms.

Originally shared by Nathaniel Nutter

Best analogy for SOPA/PIPA I've seen yet:

Imagine there was an epidemic of bank robberies. Bank robberies were becoming so bad that we needed to urgently pass legislation to stop them. Soon a bill was drafted to stop bank robberies at their source: tires. You see, bank robbers need tires for their get away vehicles. So by taking down manufacturers that supply tires to crooks, we can end bank robberies for good. Sound crazy? This is what SOPA and PIPA do to the internet.
http://sopa.elementaryos.org/

Comments

Post a Comment