Another delay from united express.


Another delay from united express. The 'express' actually means subcontracted so in my case its a company called GoJet and they fail. I had delays and in the future ill try to avoid any plans including an 'express' flight. If you are lucky enough to get a plane actually operated by united I hear the quality is much better .

So I sat beside a pilot off duty named Chuck. We talked about all the fail going on in the airline big business. One thing was cell phones don't cause any interference and he actually texts throughout flights when he can. He's trying to get some jobs in Asia because the pay is much much better and he can finish a months work in a week. Many pilots start flying as a hobby and hate it as a career. All the planes used are 10+ years old. He's flown some from the 60s. At least pilots are starting to get iPads just like the WV legislature where my dad works. I bet iPads are being used in many organizations now as standard issue and procedure. Chuck likes snowboarding, hunting, and camping. He almost joined the military but the attitude and atmosphere was too depressing, especially since he would have been sent to Iraq . He was an English major and hopes to retire with money made in Asia to write books in his spare time.

Good luck Chuck.

Comments

  1. I have had pretty terrible experiences with united. Like nights on airport floors terrible. But delta was worse... I reckon that if you fly enough it's only a matter of time before something goes wrong and you get to spend some unscheduled time wandering the halls of an airport somewhere. Next time I'll bicycle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most definitely biking is the way to go. I love biking everywhere and not owning a car.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts